25 August, 2008

The "dating" game 1.0

I haven't written anything here in a long time...I've been unwell, emotionally unwell, then it actually became physical. Now Im feeling good, so good I want to write a little piece here.

Here goes what I've been up to:

I don't know why but I followed my friend's advice (what were you thinking German?) of signing in one of those "match" and "date" online sites...Oh what was I thinking? I was new to all that. So, guys started to sending me emails, showing interest...I went on a no-date date (I actually told the guy that was the deal). He was nice, but had a tattoo, and I don't like tattoos. Anyway we did "click" and he asked me for a second date! I was flattered, bit excited. Yes, I was feeling great and beautiful, and willing to go back to the "love game", there was this really good chance. Suddenly, I even noticed guys at the street were actually "looking at me" and even saying compliments!! Its true when they say that if you feel good, you look good.

Is it possible that good things could finally happen to me? I mean in the "love" department. Or so I thought. Jeremy, that was his name, texted me a lot the following days --and hey one first complain: what is it with the texting anyway? they don't use phone calls anymore?, call me old fashioned, but I really don't like that, its so impersonal! I like it when it comes to my old-time friends, or my long time boyfriend, then it gets very "meaningful" somehow, but with a new guy, who is "supposedly" interested in you... uhmm! I wonder!--. So anyway, Jeremy texting me was flattering at the beginning but then it was certainly annoying, so often... so desperate, so needy...

So I agreed to see him on a week day, for a short meeting. It was Monday, when I hadn't even gotten the chance to talk to my friends about my weekend "no-date-date", that certainly became a date with lots of spark, when Jeremy texted with the following shocking news: Im sorry, we have to cancel our date. I really like you, but (Big BUT) my ex girlfriend has just called me and she is pregnant and its mine, so I have to be with her now. Wish you the best!

Que? que chingados paso? Right! my reaction was in a much more worse Spanish than that.. but you get my point... However, after processing the big news, I was actually pleased! very indeed! --well, I too felt sorry for him-- Here there was a guy, who could just "lied" to me and keep dating, or at least having that second date, but instead he was actually being honest. And thanks to the ex girlfriend for speaking out in such a good timing!! But anyway he had tattoos.. and thats a no-no! No matter what!


No comments: