27 August, 2008

The "dating" game 1.2

I haven't seen N. Ratched since my Bday. He kept texting me, not so often and affective as in the beginning, but he did...(his big mistake). I wish he could just do what he did in the case of the "shoes girl". Then, I started texting him. My mistake, I know! I even dared to have a talk on msn, --right, how cheap is that?--about "what's going on?" hahahaha... Another Big mistake!

Why we women are like that sometimes? It was so obvious! But we always need some kind of "confirmation" and made excuses for the "erratic" behaviour of the guy in question. See, I have been like that, waiting for the guy to call, and wonder why he is not calling, specially since he has told me: "I like you a lot". But see thats the thing! if he is not calling you, if does not want to see you, thats the answer, not matter what he has said. Simple as that, and you don't need confirmation on that, specially when after talking the guy has also told you "I need time to reflect on my own".

I think what happened is due to a communication problem. Since the very first date, if its the case, the guy should- MUST say, if he only wants a "one-time fun date", then the girl would know if she is up for that or not. However, sadly it is not like that, rather they make it seem as a "serious" approach to dating, with good hopes and good intentions and all the bullshit...

Yesterday, I even made another mistake, I sent him an email saying everything is cool and we can be friends! I don't know what I did that for. I think I was just giving him the chance to come "clean" and say something like "Thanks, but no thanks". See, I needed "confirmation" that something that even didn't get started was over. To tell the truth I wasn't even looking for a boyfriend, but certainly was willing to get to know this guy better. Finally, I get, I get!!! I'm almost a Doctor in Sociology and still get played in this silly games. And what is best or worst: Im writing here about it...Joder!!!

Anyway, I hope N. Ratched, when not interested, keeps doing what he did to "shoes girl" instead of trying to be "polite". I wish I was as lucky as "shoes girl" was.

I wonder what ever happened to daddy-to-be- Jeremias. I bet he could have been a good friend of mine, has the one thing I like the most: honesty, and no just honesty per se, but "on time honesty".

I've given up to the online "dating game". These two bad experiences are enough. I also wonder if it is worth it to date like a guy does: "one-time fun date" and just date and date different people once, or keep dating several at the same time? uhmm...No, I couldn't do that, it seems too complicated! and I would have to make the first move, wait until the guy bites it, go on a date, pretend I like him, say I will call him but I won't... BUT was the point of all that? GUYS don't wait for a woman to call! They just move on!...

You know the good thing about this "dating" thing...? After a really painful breakup and 3 long years of silence, I never thought I could talk about "guys" with my ex boyfriend, but now I do, and it feels good, even if I'm still not lucky in that field.

Now, back to what I'm supposed to do, my neverending PhD, or should I say procrastinating?


No comments: