26 August, 2008

The "dating" game 1.1

I had many options on the "dating" site, but didn't feel like giving it a try... besides my mami linda was here and we were leaving for Paris... and I had to enjoy that as much as I had to deal with my past's ghosts that lived in Paris...But somehow, I accepted another invitation. Didn't I just have enough? So, this second guy, that I wont even say his name...lets call him N. Ratched, and I had a date. At the beginning I didn't feel so comfortable as with Jeremias, I was actually unease, it could be that I was tired from the Paris trip, or I was not really in the mood for a "date", or I just didn't "click" with him, or could be all the above! Later that night I felt a connection, and I was enjoying myself.

N. Ratched even told me he had a date before with a girl that only talked about shoes, and that he never called her again ever since. Well, that's what guys do, I thought, actually I said it aloud: no interest=no phone call, or should a say, no text? And then he was asking me for a second date...uhmm "second date"? Let me think! and because the chances he will cancel on me for having gotten his ex girlfriend pregnant were extremely low, given my previous experience, I didn't think that much, and agreed to go to he movies a week after.

Today, as I type, I cant even remember which movie we saw, and not because I wasn't into the movie that day, I certainly was, but it was long ago that... uhmm I cant remember, really! Anyway that date went ok, and because my bday was approaching I --that was me, only me-- thought of having dinner with this guy and then meeting my friends afterwards. I think that was the big mistake, I kind of imposed myself, and because it was my bday this guy couldn't say no, who would it, right? on a bday? on a girl's bday? Sometimes we try to be too polite, but it is better to be honest!

I had a happy Bday! I surely did. I even got a little piggy. I said I like them, and this guy got me one (another mistake). Now, I just want to throw the piggy out the window... or to the trash can...but then he is so cute, I dont have the heart, but still dont want to see it.


No comments: