30 November, 2005

Procrastinator Superstar!!

Procrastinator Superstar!! Yeah.. that's me, indeed! Lately it is all about not doing things and just finding excuses to put aside my papers and my assignments. Well, I'm doing my readings, both academic and relaxing. Actually, I've just finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Didn't like the end, I got to say, but I'm really looking forward to watching the movie, not cause I liked the book that much but because my 2 favorite actors, Hanks and Reno, are playing in that!

It seems I'm trying to make the cross-over in my blog...hahaha. Let's see if i can make it through the end...Anyway, since i'm under a lot of stress I just feel like going for shopping, i just find it so relaxing!!! However, I made up my mind and finally will get started (tomorrow, I hope!!...didn't I say that yesterday too? ) with the last part of my never-ending paper and my so-called bloody statistics assignment. I really thought I left statistics behind, but so it seems I just can't get rid of it!!

Today I just fed my intellectual spirit, went to this conference of Norman Finkelstein on the Israel-Palestine conflict. The conference was terrific!! this scholar is supporting the palestines, and he is American-Jewish himself. I didn't have money on me this evening so I couldn't get his book "Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History” (Noam Chomsky gave a review). All he said was enlightenment, indeed! So I really want to buy his book and start reading it right away!...yeah right! another book to put aside my priorities, procrastinator superstar!!


I've always thought that if i were asked to choose either side, I will definitely go for the arab's side, even though I have my issues with middle east guys (which is not the topic here). Anyway, now I do understand a little better when they say: "why is it that everyone hates the jews?" well, I shouldn't go to the history of more than 4000 years behind that...but just think about it, or even better google it...!

Something is wrong with by blog engine, so I wasn't able to put the link so here it goes for you to copy&paste it, if interested http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/index.php

I hope my debut as procrastinator superstar comes to end...

1 comment:

Daniela said...

y el update de éste año??? que pasó?? te estan matando en el PhD?